CH WINNIE’S BLOCKBUSTER MH MEMORIAL
WC AND WCX
Judge Ron Morelos and Co-Judge Denise Coler
Central California Labrador Retriever Club
San Joaquin Valley Labrador Retriever Club
in Dos Palos, CA
PRACTICE DAY: Saturday, May 5 @ 9AM
TEST: Sunday, May 6 @ 9AM
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY SATURDAY, APRIL 28
Make Checks Payable to CCLRC and mail to:
c/o Pat Collom
14815 Garlock Ln.
Prather, CA 93651
For further information, please contact:
REGISTERED NAME OF DOG
BIRTH DATE COLOR
OWNER NAME (S):
HANDLER NAME (S):
[ ] Practice Day & WC test $55.00 per dog (includes lunch Saturday/Sunday)
[ ] Practice Day & WCX test $60.00 per dog (includes lunch Saturday/Sunday)
[ ] WC test only $40.00 per dog (includes Sunday lunch)
[ ] WCX test only $45.00 per dog (includes Sunday lunch)
[ ] Overnight RV Parking $25.00 per night (includes Sat. dinner / Sun. breakfast)
[ ] Limited clubhouse accommodations available $25.00 per night (includes Sat. dinner / Sun. breakfast)
DIRECTIONS: Wes's Marsh Management is located in the South Grasslands Area west of Dos Palos, CA. From intersection of Hwy 152 and Hwy 165 (Mercy Springs Rd) in Los Banos: Travel south on Mercy Springs Rd. approximately 4 miles to Almond Rd. Turn left (east) on Almond Rd approximately 6 miles to Wild Duck Rd. (don't turn on un-named road by the Santa Cruz Club; Wild Duck Rd. is past that) Turn right (south) on Wild Duck Rd. Travel approximately 1 mile until road forks. Keep right at fork. Travel approximately 2 miles to Backwater Retreat. Entrance gate is on the right.
TIME: Runs will begin promptly at 9 AM. It is suggested that you arrive 30 minutes early to air dogs and verify running order.
OVERNIGHT PARKING AND CLUBHOUSE ACCOMODATIONS: No hookups; vehicles must be self-contained. Friday and Saturday nights are available.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: LRC, Inc. Working Certificate
(LRC Inc. By-Laws, Article VI, Sections 2&3)
To be eligible for a Working Certificate a Labrador Retriever must demonstrate the following:
1. The dog is not gun shy.
2. The dog will retrieve a shot bird at 50 yards on land in light cover.
3. The dog will retrieve two ducks from swimming water (if available) in immediate succession, to prove willingness to re-enter the water.
4. Steadiness is not required, so a dog may be held on the line.
OBTAINING WORKING CERTIFICATES:
Any AKC registered Labrador Retriever which successfully completes an LRC, Inc. WC Test is eligible to receive a Certificate. The owner of an AKC registered Labrador Retriever which successfully completes the Working Test must provide the LRC, Inc. with the requested verification materials and fee in order to receive an official Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. Working Certificate. It is not necessary to be a member of LRC, Inc. or to have a championship in order to obtain the Working Certificate.
LRC, Inc. Working Certificates may be obtained by writing (by post or by e-mail) to:
PO Box 1020
Benton City WA 99320
(509) 588-6712 evenings
To receive an engraved LRC working certificate you must submit the following:
· A copy of your dog's AKC registration papers
· Copies of AKC certificates for any additional AKC titles you wish to include on the Working Certificate
· A signed statement from a qualified judge indicating that the dog has passed the LRC, Inc. Working Certificate requirements or a copy of the AKC Junior Hunter (or higher) title certificate.
· A check for $ 25.00 payable to LRC, Inc.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: CCLRC/SJVLRC WORKING CERTIFICATE EXCELLENT
To be eligible for a Working Certificate Excellent a Labrador Retriever must demonstrate the following:
1. The dog is not gun shy.
2. The dog will retrieve to hand, double land shot bird marks in light cover shot at approx. 75 yards.
3. The dog will retrieve to hand double water shot ducks from swimming water.
4. Dog must be steady on the line but may be brought to line on a leash
5. Controlled break is acceptable
6. Honor is not required